Electrical Systems Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead design, development/specification and testing of electrical architectures and key electrical components (motor, inverter, wire harness, …) for electrified driveline products/systems from concept to production; includes full responsibility for delivery of electrical systems
- Review development, design and validation of electrical components within Dana.
- Lead the definition of specification documents for sourcing components at suppliers, lead the development of DVP&R for supplier.
- Develop and implement product demonstration strategy for electrical components, including vehicle-level drive evaluations, in alignment with the Core Systems Engineer.
- Discover and track innovative, competitive edge-creating technology developments in motors and power converters.
- Work in partnership with Program Management and all business units to align and execute product strategy
- Lead generation of all engineering/quality documentation (DFMEA, DVP&R, Functional Safety, etc.) for all electrical systems (high-voltage and 48V).
- Follow Stage Gate development processes to meet project goals including budget, timing and quality of delivery
- Document lessons learned and update OneDana procedures
- M. Sc. degree in Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience designing electric drivetrain components (motor, inverter, battery systems, …);
- Minimum of 2 years’ vehicle integration experience and/or ownership of system level requirements for electric drive products.
- Strong experience applying Systems Engineering Fundamentals (SEF), including creation of all quality documentation, DFMEA, BD, PD, IM, DVP&R, SDS, etc.; application of SEF to electrified drivetrain programs preferred
- Awareness of ISO26262 / Functional Safety and Requirements mgt. tools such as Doors, Polarion, VSEM, or Enterprise Architect; working knowledge with application experience preferred
- Working knowledge of electrical manufacturing/assembly and vehicle assembly methods; drivetrain manufacturing/assembly experience and product/vehicle launch and end of line test methods preferred
- Mechanical integration of electrical drive experience
- NVH mitigation and modal analysis experience
- Capable of specifying component:
- Electromagnetic design of electric machines insight.
- Power electronic components and inverter sizing, dynamics and system interaction experience.
- Preferable: Capable of designing component:
- Electromagnetic design of electric machines experience.
- Inverter design experience.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of deliverables and lead resolution of issues
- Must be a self-directed and motivated individual who is organized and able to accept multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, planning, problem solving and decision making skills with ability to successfully function in and lead cross-functional teams in a professional manner
- Must be able to travel internationally (10-15% typical)
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be able to work in an international, diverse team
- An organization that offers the possibility to show your own initiatives and to realize professional growth.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team in an international context/projects.
- Competitive compensation package in line with your experience.
Replies will be dealt with swiftly and in strictest confidence.
Geinteresseerd?Solliciteer voor deze vacature